We are pleased to announce applications are now open for our first Innovation Dojo program! Our first Sydney program will be happening between December 5 – 13, 2016.
This program is for you if you are interested in:
- Solving big problems common to Australia and Japan like ageing population, technology for agriculture efficiency, cybersecurity and translation and localisation of services before the Tokyo Olympics!
- Working in cross-cultural teams incubating new startup ideas
- Working with a unique set of world-class mentors
- Winning a prize that takes you to Japan to meet potential partners, investors and customers
- Be part of a new startup with built-in international scaling capability!
Over 9 full days hipsters, hackers and hustlers from both Japan and Australia will create new startups with a view of launching in both Australia and Japan.
Your mentors and program facilitators are a unique group of people seasoned with entrepreneurship and innovation experiences across Australia and Japan.
Innovation Dojo is a privately held company born out of and supported by UNSW Innovations.
Innovation Dojo is a program where cross-cultural consulting meets startup incubation. You will be part of a new team with the goal of REALLY starting a startup with true potential in both Australian and Japanese markets.
This is an intense program running for 9 full days from December 5 – 13, 2016
Exact venue to be announced soon but will be at a location in Sydney
Partners of the program include UNSW, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Osaka City government backed Osaka Innovation Hub, HaymarketHQ, stock exchange listed Japanese tech firm kintone and the Japan Australia Information Technology group.
Costs and Prizes
Successful applicants will pay AU$1,500 for participation in the full 9 day program.
Prizes for winning teams include 3 months free co-working space in Asia focused co-working space Haymarket HQ and a trip to Japan to meet with potential partners, customers and investors.
As part of the Innovation Dojo program sponsorship from UNSW, up to 10 UNSW students and alumni selected will receive a full scholarship to participate in this program
3 months free co-working space in Asia focused co-working space Haymarket HQ
A trip to Japan!
Meet with potential partners, customers and investors.